I Heart Meg - The Engagement Blog

Two American kids growing up in the heartland

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Married Name Chosen by NWA

I just booked plane tickets for a Hawaiian honeymoon using my WorldPerks miles. I knew they would come in handy someday. Hopefully I'll be able to redeem the tickets before Northwest Airlines completely shuts down.

The award travel seats fill up quickly so I had to make reservations 11 months out. The process was surprisingly easy once I had the customer service representive on the phone with me. It was almost too easy. Near the end of the call the CSR asked for the name of my traveling companion. I told her that the name on the ticket should read Meghan . . . . Meghan . . . Mattison orrrrr Anderson . . . or Mattison Anderson. Put down just Anderson.

Then I walked downstairs to ask Meg if what name should be the name on her ticket. Meg said, "Um . . . I don't know. I haven't decided." I asked the CSR on the phone if she could put down Meg Mattison Anderson for the ticketed name. The CSR said that she would do that but it was too late, she had already entered in Anderson as the last name and had issued the ticket. Unfortunately the ticket was non-refundable.

The CSR told me that it could be worse. Anderson is a good name and there a lot worse names to take on than Anderson.

Well put.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just make sure to bring a copy of your marriage license or they won't let you through security!! The name on the ticket is supposed to match the name on your drivers license (or got get a state ID with Anderson on it). I've had friends who had real trouble getting on the flight for their honeymoon.

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was from me, by the way (Jessie Burtnett)

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could be Hoium or even better ... Meghan. Dont tell the Kellys that.
    Fly girl April says bring marriage certificate for boarding. And call ahead of time.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, look at the bright side of all this---her name could have very easily been Meghan 14C!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home